Merchant Education Content Strategist
- An understanding of how to start and run a business (or a willingness to learn really really quickly)
- At least 2 years of experience creating and delivering teaching materials like blog posts, instructions, magazine articles, or workshops
- Familiarity with the business media landscape, and solid research skills so you can source new material
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other product design disciplines like designers, developers, and product managers
- Experience building and maintaining a consistent, compelling tone across lots of different content
- Move fast (and change even faster): you’ll adjust quickly to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities. You’ll prioritize simultaneous deadlines across multiple teams.
- Build relationships: you’ll build strong, collaborative relationships with everyone at Shopify to act in our merchants’ best interests.
- Figure it out: every day is different at Shopify, and you’ll be writing all kinds of different content. You’ll use your experience and judgement to create the best possible solution.
You'll be a:
- Storyteller: You’ll find and surface the stories of Shopify entrepreneurs, and help every merchant achieve the success they want.
- UX writer: You’ll write clear, concise, usable content for our product interfaces. You’ll also edit and proofread content from other team members.
- Editor in chief: You’ll evolve and enforce our editorial and voice and tone standards.
- UX designer: You’ll collaborate with our designers to ideate, plan, and execute new ideas, and continuously improve what we have today.
- Researcher and data analyst: You’ll use qualitative and quantitative research to make informed content decisions.
- Teacher: You’ll advocate for the importance of content across the company. You’ll empower everyone at Shopify to write their own great content through training, learning resources, and support.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top