Legal Operations Specialist
What you will be working on:
- Handling DMCA Notices and Takedowns (https://www.shopify.com/legal/dmca)
- Handling Trademark Notices and Takedowns
- Handling of merchant domain ownership disputes
- Assisting with legal operations trainingTracking of legal issues
- Acting as the primary point of contact for guru legal questions/issues
- Owning and managing the legal email inbox
You’re the perfect fit for this job if:
- You can explain the DMCA Notice & Takedown process to anyone. You know the basic ins and outs of the process, and you’re sweet and patient with how you explain it (and in many cases, re-explain it).
- You’re great at handling multiple issues at once. For example, you can deal with three different people on three different topics without getting mixed up.
- You’re super organized and can keep track of the status of multiple files as they progress.
- You’re a great communicator. This means you can explain extremely complex situations using plain language and almost no hand waving.
- You have a hunger to learn, are genuinely curious about the way things work, and have made "drawing the owl" your personal mantra. If you don’t know something, you do your best to figure it out on your own.
- You’re a heavy lifter and a great team player. If you notice some of your teammates have been pulling crazy hours, you jump in to help ease the workload.
- You have tons of patience and a generally optimistic outlook. This role means dealing with lots of frustrated merchants, copyright holders and people trying to get their way. Your job will be to maintain the privacy of our merchants, uphold rules regarding copyright and trademark, and manage people’s expectations.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Mariel creates user-friendly designs in an effort to establish and enforce a coherent look and feel across all of Shopify’s digital content and the online experience for users.
Back to top