Lead iOS Developer
Our Shopify mobile teams are working with world-class UX, design, and engineering teams to build and define the future of commerce. We are looking for iOS leaders who are passionate about iOS and mobile at large. If you care about the best user experience, low crash counts and responsive applications, you’re set. We would love for you to join us to push boundaries as we craft the best physical retail experience for merchants and their customers, the best SDKs for developers, and the best overall mobile experience for our merchants.
You'll need to have:
- iOS enthusiasm!
- Experienced leading and growing people (tell us a bit about this in your application)
- Significant knowledge of Cocoa design patterns
- Significant Objective C experience
- Knowledge of Swift
- Experienced interfacing with APIs
- Experienced with Core Animation, Core Data, and various Cocoa frameworks
It’d be great if you have experience with:
- Writing back-end code on a large scale web application
- Knowledge of Android development
- Experience building out an SDK (see our iOS and Android Buy SDKs)
- Experience shipping an app, hopefully it is currently available in the app store (send along a link, please)
As an iOS Lead at Shopify you will own technical projects and be responsible for helping to grow other developers - a mix of people leadership, and technical leadership. If leading the mobile team at Shopify sounds like a place where you can make an impact, apply below.
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Kayla Boyer if you're in Ottawa or Leah Pollock if you're in Toronto.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top