Launch Manager - Shopify Plus
About this Role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like, RedBull, GE, Boll and Branch, P&G, Kanye West, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
Your role as a Launch Manager is to educate merchants, share best practices, facilitate store set-up, and provide training on using the Shopify platform. You'll also act as a technical point of contact and project manager for any development related requests or projects. You'll be the most active with new Plus merchants as they come on to the Shopify platform. Once a shop is comfortably launched, you'll transition them to working directly with their dedicated Merchant Success Manager who will help continue to grow and nurture their business.
This is a remote position. You must be located in British Columbia, Australia, New Zealand or Hawaii.
You'll need to have:
- Basic HTML + Liquid ability. You won't need to make a theme but you should know how to make small changes and what's possible with our themes.
- API knowledge. Plus stores often want to create custom apps; it's your job to let them know what's possible and where to start.
- Project management experience. You'll be helping coordinate all the components required for a successful site launch.
- Understanding of ecommerce best practices. You'll be their main point of contact for all big-picture support.
- Knowledge of the ecommerce ecosystem. There are many moving parts and you need to see how they fit together.
It'd be great if you also had experience with:
- Running your own business. You know what it means to be an entrepreneur and can share your learnings with our merchants.
- Building a Shopify store, either for yourself or for clients.
You'll get to do things like:
- Educating merchants on proper store setup (domains, redirects, product taxonomy, building collections, etc).
- Recommending Themes & Apps.
- Working with merchants' internal and 3rd party design and development teams.
- Providing documentation & support during the setup phase.
- Liaising with internal Shopify teams, such as the Shopify Plus sales team, the Merchant Success team, Solutions Engineering, and our internal support team.
- Producing client case studies to provide the Merchant Success team.
- Helping guide the client. You'll be their ecommerce expert to keep them up to date on best practices and new features.
- Progressing the site status. Your goal is to help stores launch as efficiently as possible.
Here's how to apply:
Since we like to do things a little differently at Shopify, we would like you to build a free trial store as part of your application. By building a store on Shopify and showing us what you can do with it, you get to see first hand what it is like to use our platform. Be creative, have fun and please include a link to your trial store in your application. We want to see something that shows us why you really want to work here.
Here are some ideas of things we'd like to see in your store:
-Download a free theme and spruce it up to make it your own.
-Add products and sort them into Collections.
-Tell us a bit about yourself on an “About Us” page.
-Write a blog post about why you want to want to join the Shopify Plus team
-Create a page and embed the funniest video you’ve seen lately.
-Install an app into your store i.e. product reviews, a twitter feed, etc.
-Link your social media accounts to your store.
Back to top