HR Business Partner - R&D, Shopify Plus
These are early and exciting days for Shopify Plus in Waterloo. A growing customer base of high-volume, high-growth merchants. The leverage of a robust and proven platform that is Shopify. A beautiful new office in an historic and iconic building in Waterloo Region.
Our HR team is growing in Waterloo and we’re looking for someone special to join our team. HR at Shopify is unique in that we don’t let unnecessary process get in the way of common sense when we’re working with our team. We do things the way we think they should be done, not how the book writes it.
You will be responsible for supporting the strategy and the growth of the Shopify Plus R&D team. You’ll be working on things like growth planning, performance management, compensation, engagement, employee relations, learning & development, and partnering with the leadership team to support them in their challenges and successes.
You'll collaborate with other HR Partners as well as with our Talent Acquisition, Talent Acceleration and Culture teams to ensure full support to the Shopify Plus team.
We're looking for:
- Experience building relationships and providing full support in all areas to employees, including leadership
- Ability to recommend creative solutions to complex situations that you might not have encountered before - even if they go against the grain
- Natural curiosity and interest to dig deep and work collaboratively
- Ability to embrace chaos and a flexible attitude
- Experience in the tech/digital industry and can easily navigate in a world full of lingo
It'd be great if you also had experience:
- Partnering with a technical team (engineering, UX, product management, data) during times of rapid growth
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top