Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and offline. We currently power 375,000+ businesses in 150+ countries around the world. As we continue to grow, we’re constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
To accelerate our growth, we’re searching for an extraordinary person to join Shopify’s communications team in Toronto. As a translator, you’ll be creating a wide variety of high quality content intended to attract, engage and educate our community of merchants, and entrepreneurs worldwide.
You'll need to have:
- German as your mother tongue
- The ability to translate a wide variety of content, including blog posts, landing pages, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Exceptional spelling and grammar skills in English and German
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work on major projects, with a large volume of work, with teams across the organization
- At least 3 years of experience in translation
- Lots of positive energy!
It'd be great if you also had:
- Understanding or experience with transcreation and localization
- A basic understanding of digital marketing and ecommerce; some of the content you’ll be translating is fairly technical, so some knowledge in the area would be a good asset
- Experience using translation technology, like MemoQ
- A University or college degree in translation
You'll get to do things like:
- Translate a wide variety of content, including blog posts, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Work in an exciting, fast pace environment
- Manage several assignments and priorities at once
- Have the ability to work autonomously and with teams
- Please translate the content below within the asterisk, entitled "How conversational commerce is forever changing the way we shop". Once you click, "Apply now", you'll be asked to attach your translated version of this content. Happy translating!
How Conversational Commerce Is Forever Changing the Way We Shop
Be where your customers are. That’s long been the first rule of survival for any business. And for the past decade that meant establishing a presence on social networks—Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter—while keeping an eye on the horizon of these public platforms for new opportunities. It also meant delivering excellent customer experiences on mobile devices when 4 out of 5 American consumers shop on their smartphones. But over the last two years, messaging apps have started to outpace social networks when it comes to where we spend our time.
And it’s not surprising.
We go on social networks to discover news and content, to share our thoughts and stories, and connect with other people. But it’s in messaging apps where we do all that plus make plans, come to decisions and become active participants in personal conversations. That’s what makes chat as an interface for commerce—or "conversational commerce”—a natural next step.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now" button to submit your application.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.