Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and offline. We currently power 275,000+ businesses in 150+ countries around the world. As we continue to grow, we’re constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
To accelerate our growth, we’re searching for an extraordinary person to join Shopify’s communications team in Toronto. As a translator, you’ll be creating a wide variety of high quality content intended to attract, engage and educate our community of merchants, and entrepreneurs worldwide.
You'll need to have:
- The ability to translate a wide variety of content, including blog posts, landing pages, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Exceptional spelling and grammar skills in English and German
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work on major projects, with a large volume of work
- At least 3 years of experience in translation
- Lots of positive energy!
It'd be great if you also had experience with:
- A basic understanding of digital marketing and ecommerce; some of the content you’ll be translating is fairly technical, so some knowledge in the area would be a good asset
- Being a member of a professional translators association (ATIO, OTTIAQ, etc.)
- Experience using translation technology, like MultiTrans
- A University or college degree in translation
You'll get to do things like:
- Translate a wide variety of content, including blog posts, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Work in an exciting, fast pace environment
- Manage several assignments and priorities at once
- Have the ability to work autonomously, though you’ll work with teams occasionally as well
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Katherine.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top