Engineering Technical Lead
Shopify Plus’ mission is to make commerce simple for high-volume companies like Tesla, RedBull, GE, L’Oreal, Mondelez, Kanye West, Subway, UPS and many more. We believe enterprise merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We’re in hyper-growth mode, and that’s where you come in!
As an Engineering Lead , you’ll help to drive the product vision into implementation. You and the team will design and build innovative technology and integrate with world-class partners. The highly reliable, scalable products you build are for our highest growth, highest volume merchants.
Like all technical leaders at Shopify, you’ll help manage product goals, technical direction and execution of the product. You’ll be hands on and will directly contribute technically.
You’ll need to have:
- Technical leadership skills
- A commitment and drive for quality, excellence and results
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL or the desire to learn them quickly
- Experience building backend web services and familiarity with frontend web development
It’d be great if you have experience with, or would love to learn about:
- Management experience (*Only if you are interested in becoming a people lead)
- Enterprise or ecommerce experience
- Scaling web services, particularly those using and analyzing large amounts of data
- Building innovative products and features integrated with existing systems
- Recruiting outstanding engineers and building a world-class technical team
You’ll be working on things like:
- Shaping the long-term vision of Shopify Plus and making it a reality
- Designing and building innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborating with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for large merchants
- Growing the Plus organization both through internal development and external hiring
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Zoya, our Technical Recruiter.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top