Engineering Lead, Shopify Partnerships
The Shopify Partnerships group is focussed on building solutions to help start, simplify, and scale the businesses of all partners and merchants working with the Shopify platform. We build, scale and operate systems in all shapes and sizes. From mission-critical merchant-facing services like the App Store, Theme Store, and Experts, to the home and dashboard for the Shopify Partner program, to various system integrations developed with strategic-partners such as Google, Uber and Intuit.
As an engineering lead for Shopify Partnerships, you’ll shape long-term product vision and own its implementation. You and your team will design and build data-driven technology to improve the lives of partners and merchants, both large and small. You’ll work with strategic partners throughout multiple industries to radically improve how Shopify merchants and partners run and grow their businesses. You’ll be responsible for growing the development team to enable Shopify Partnerships to reach its full potential.
Like all technical leaders at Shopify, you’ll manage product goals and execution, set technical direction and guide product strategy while collaborating closely with other leaders and executives. You’ll be hands on and directly contribute technically. Perhaps your biggest contributions will come from making everyone around you better as you grow and develop your team.
You’ll need to have:
- Technical leadership and/or management experience
- A commitment and drive for quality, excellence and results
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL or the desire to learn them quickly
- Experience building backend web services and familiarity with frontend web development
It’d be great if you have experience with, or would love to learn about:
- Any of: business analytics; full-text search; ranking or matching; ecommerce
- Scaling web services, particularly those using and analyzing large amounts of data
- Building innovative products and features integrated with existing systems
- Recruiting outstanding engineers and building a world-class technical team
You’ll be working on things like:
- Shaping the long-term vision of Shopify Partnerships and making it a reality
- Designing and building innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborating with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide more features to merchants and partners
- Growing the Shopify Partnerships organization both through internal development and external hiring
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Kayla.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top