Director of Support
What are we looking for exactly?
- You believe that successful organisations leverage the knowledge and skill set of the teams that speak to their customers the most. Tell us about a customer service experience that had a lasting impact on you.
- Helping customers succeed is a big source of motivation to you. You’re driven by prospective customers and their potential to grow with your organisation. Tell us about a time that you helped a new customer overcome their challenges and were grateful for your contribution to their success.
- Ideally we are looking for someone who has experience leading an internationally renowned team where HQ may have been located outside of Ireland. Growing a team that is focused on creating value for both the company and the customers is essential. This materializes both in revenue and growth of long term customers. Previous work in a support or sales environment can be similar to the team you’d be joining.
- Despite our growth to a worldwide brand, we still value the philosophies and culture that got us to this point. The startup mindset still plays a big part in our day-to-day lives. To be successful here you will need to be excited about learning, growing and innovating quickly - everyday! Think ship fast and iterate.
- This isn’t a hierarchical team by function. Layers exist out of necessity to maintain small cohesive teams but the way we work looks more like a matrix. Ideally you have experience in this type of team and are able to help this way of working to prosper.
- Our Director is involved in the strategic planning and optimization of workforce planning, budgets, growth forecasting, team planning. You’re familiar with participating in quarterly financial reviews.
- You’re going to need to keep in touch with the team in Canada. We use video conference technology like Google Hangouts, and Skype. Do you have any favorites that you’d recommend? You’ll influence our growth across Ireland, Canada and beyond so it’s vital you’re comfortable with the work-from-home lifestyle and are able to commit to travel to Canada on a quarterly basis at minimum.
- You understand what makes Ireland so special. Whether you’re from Ireland yourself or have experience working in the land of saints and scholars - as long as you really believe in this little island you will meet like-minded individuals committed to making a big impact. What do you see as the biggest opportunity for a company based in Ireland (particularly the West)?
- We want to build a company where our team encouraged and challenged to improve everyday. Tell us about how you’ve influenced change in your previous organizations, your leadership style and a few of your core values that drive your unique approach to solving problems.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Mariel creates user-friendly designs in an effort to establish and enforce a coherent look and feel across all of Shopify’s digital content and the online experience for users.
Back to top