- The skills and technical depth (of understanding) to answer questions, troubleshoot and problem solve unique problems with third-party developers
- The ability to explain products, features, and functionality with technical accuracy and simplicity
- A track record of positive customer-facing service experience. We want to hear about any of your freelance work, retail experience, community management, etc.
- Experience working with web APIs
- Experience with server-side web application development with Ruby, Python, Node.js, or PHP.
In this role you will:
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Product Managers and Software Engineering teams to resolve technical obstacles and improve the product's vision.
- Create technical content for our documentation (or anywhere else our developers are looking for educational content) in a variety of programming languages and frameworks.
- Write high quality sample applications that developers can use as boilerplate for their projects.
- Contribute to existing open source projects that serve our developer ecosystem.
- Engage directly with developers on our forums or at meetups to help overcome tough technical obstacles.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top