You'll need to have:
- Knowledge about what an API is, how they work, and how they're used by individuals and companies building amazing products
- Enthusiasm towards creating compelling content for Shopify's developer ecosystem
- Willingness to go to conferences, meetups, and other events where our developer ecosystem hangs out
- Patience and empathy for the developer experience, and desire to help them in any way we can to be successful on the Shopify platform.
It'd be nice if you had:
- Programming experience (especially using APIs) – you've worked on projects of various sizes and have a history of shipping
- Understanding of the entire Shopify platform, from the core functionality to Liquid, our various APIs and SDKs, and how they all fit together
- Public speaking skills – you want to go to events and talk about Shopify, APIs, and developer ecosystems
You'll be working on things like:
- Creating blog posts, documentation, and example apps connecting Shopify to other APIs or demonstrating how to build features on top of Shopify
- Visiting industry-leading events, meeting with our developer community, and spreading the word of the Shopify platform
- Talking to developers during every stage of their Shopify lifecycle – helping them from conception of an idea through implementation, launch, and eventual success
- Working with our merchant facing teams to identify functionality and platform integrations that Shopify doesn't have, but would improve the merchant experience
- Helping to organize and run hackathons, where our developers get together to build amazing things for Shopify
- Working with developers to make sure that our relationship with them is mutually beneficial by helping them turn their app idea in to a viable business for them
- Working with our App Onboarding team to determine what makes a good app for the Shopify App Store, and helping to implement those standards
- Explaining the features and benefits of our most powerful SDKs to developers who are building their first Shopify app.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top