Developer Acceleration - Mobile Tooling Developer
You'll need to have:
- An excitement for automation and simplicity.
- Have some experience building iOS or Android apps.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g. TravisCI).
It would be great if you had:
- Hands-on experience working in iOS or Android environments, ideally in an environment that ships many times a year.
- Knowledge of the Android or iOS app build and release process.
- Knowledge of Android and iOS testing frameworks, emulators, and best practices.
- A passionate interest in macOS, Linux, virtualization and containerization.
- Heard of or used something like Packer, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible for system configuration and automation
- Comfort developing in one or more of Ruby, Bash, or other scripting languages
- Knowledge of statsd & how to collect & analyze metrics
- Worked with Git, Github, and code analysis tools to measure coverage, complexity, etc
Projects to check out:
- http://shopify.github.io/ - Shopify’s compendium of open source projects
- https://github.com/Shopify/shipit-engine - our automated deployment framework
- https://engineering.shopify.com/234545999-building-a-dynamic-mobile-ci-system - blog post that describes our iOS & Android CI infrastructure in detail.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top