As a designer at Shopify, you will work on a product used by small fashion boutiques, global brands, and everything in between. You’re expected to create a beautiful product that empowers our merchants to run their businesses and pushes the boundaries of the world of commerce. We are a friendly, collaborative team, who leave their ego at the door, and care about the right solution above everything else. You need to be able to identify problems, perform research, prototype solutions and ship features, sometimes all in the same week.
We host over 300,000 online stores, and thousands of merchants will see your work within seconds – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
You’ll need to have:
- Proficiency with prototyping tools (Sketch), as well as knowledge of HTML and CSS
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX process, including personas, scenarios, wireframing, and high fidelity visuals
- A keen eye for good design, and attention to detail
- A passion for solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of design (strategy, art direction, interaction design and research)
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines
- A soft spot for the end user -- advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do
- Exceptional UI abilities shown in an extensive portfolio of live projects
You'll be working on things like:
- Representing of our merchants in discussions of new products and overall product strategy
- Advocating for good user experience across our platform
- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototype solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Contributing to our growing design system of patterns in an effort to bridge a coherent look and feel across the Shopify experience
- Sharing and reviewing your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and merchant feedback
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top