You'll be working on things like:
- Fall in love with the problems our users encounter, not the solutions we iterate on.
- Build for the long term, while avoiding “one off” solutions.
- Be a representative of our users in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Be an advocate for good user experience across our platform and across our teams
- Contribute to our growing design system of patterns in an effort to bridge a coherent look and feel across the entire Shopify platform
- Share and revise your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and merchant feedback
You'll need to have:
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Proficiency with current design tools including but not limited to Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Framer
- Knowledge of modern day best practices building product interfaces with HTML and CSS
- A keen eye for good product design, and attention to detail
- Passion for solving core product and interaction design problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, art direction, interaction design and research)
- An understanding that great product experiences come from collaborative decision-making with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, research, and more
- A deep empathy for the users and understand that we design and build products for them, not for ourselves
- Exceptional UI abilities shown in a portfolio of live projects
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Mariel creates user-friendly designs in an effort to establish and enforce a coherent look and feel across all of Shopify’s digital content and the online experience for users.
Back to top