Design Lead, Communications
You'll be working on:
- Leading a growing and ever-changing design team.
- Managing timelines, resources, deliverables, and feedback from stakeholder teams.
- Helping to mentor and lead individuals through a fast-moving landscape while also providing growth opportunities.
- Evaluating and providing supportive and constructive feedback to your reports.
- Constantly pushing the bar for design quality within the team.
- Setting the direction and vision for the projects you are involved with.
- Contributing to the culture and discipline of design at Shopify.
You'll need to have:
- Experience directly managing a small team of designers, including identifying the right expertise needed, assigning resources, recruiting new members and helping them grow.
- Passion for solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of design (strategy, IA, art direction and interaction design).
- Demonstrable experience as a communications designer. You’ve worked on digital, print, branding, and commercial projects for marketing campaigns and owned media.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch as well as a good understanding of HTML and CSS.
- An ability to collaborate well with developers, copywriters and other disciplines—at Shopify designers are responsible not only for the deliverables, but also ensuring that our ideas are carried through the process. We consider something finished once it’s shipped to our users.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top