You'll be working on:
- Leading a growing and ever-changing design team
- Helping to mentor and lead individuals through a fast-moving landscape while also providing growth opportunities
- Evaluating and providing supportive and constructive feedback to your reports
- Constantly pushing the bar for design quality within the team
- Setting the direction and vision for the projects you are involved with
- Contributing to the culture and discipline of design at Shopify
You'll need to have:
- Experience directly managing a small team of designers, including identifying the right expertise needed, assigning resources, recruiting new members and helping them grow
- Passion for solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of design (strategy, IA, art direction and interaction design)
- Demonstrable experience as an interactive product designer on web and mobile
- Proficiency with either Photoshop or Sketch, prototyping tools, as well as a good understanding of HTML and CSS
- An ability to collaborate well with developers, user researchers, copywriters and other disciplines—at Shopify designers are responsible not only for the deliverables, but also ensuring that our ideas are carried through the process. We consider something finished once it’s shipped to our users.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top