Data Visualization Developer
At Shopify we use the data we collect to make better decisions for our business and the businesses of our merchants. Shopify’s data platform ingests a vast amount of data every day. Large teams of engineers and analysts work to process and analyze that data, producing insights and analyses that inform decision making across our company. The reports and dashboards used to surface these insights are just the visible tips of the huge data iceberg. As such, it is a piece that is very important to get right if our company is to extract full value from the data we collect.
As a Data Visualization Engineer, it will be your job to make sure the visualization of our data is informative, focused, as well as beautiful. We are looking for an individual who is well informed and opinionated on the best practices of data visualization, and has the skills to make that presentation a reality.
You will be working inside the Data Engineering team, a great place to learn new skills from some amazing people. We operate a large and mature data platform on top of which you will build your work. The best part is, the data you will work on is already clean and tidy!
You’ll need to have:
- Experience with building data visualization on the web using d3 or other JS visualization libraries.
- Experience using python, R, or other programmatic means of crunching data and preparing it for analysis.
It’d be great if you have experience with:
- Web development, using Python, Ruby, or another scripting language
- iPython/Jupyter Notebooks SQL
- Knowledge of working with Data Warehouses
- Business Intelligence - working with business users to answer questions using data
- Expertise with using BI tools, such as Tableau
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of Shopify, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Denis.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top