Data Modelling Engineer
You'll need to have:
- Data modelling experience - you've demonstrated the ability to build real-world data sets from scratch and refactor existing ones
- Data warehouse experience - you are proficient in data warehousing concepts including facts, dimensions, and star schemas, and have a familiarity with the "extract, transform, load" process.
- Database experience - you have a familiarity with SQL query authoring, table design, database indexing, etc.
- Extensive software development experience - you are proficient with things like software design patterns, code review, test-driven development etc.
- Team work experience - you'll need to be comfortable working within and across teams, discussing solutions to problems, and supporting others in their goals.
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Ruby on Rails
- Business Intelligence: defining metrics, understanding how data is used in reports
You'll be working on things like:
- Understanding the reporting needs of the consumer of the data
- Working with core engineering teams as data sets are refactored, or built from scratch
- Implementing ETLs in our data pipeline (Python, Spark)
- Maintaining an end-to-end view of the data and how it is being used, to ensure we build the right thing
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Mariel creates user-friendly designs in an effort to establish and enforce a coherent look and feel across all of Shopify’s digital content and the online experience for users.
Back to top