Data Applications Developer
We are looking for accomplished full-stack software developers to build internal analytics tools on top of our petabyte scale Hadoop cluster. Within the Data team we work hard to deliver data and insights to empower decisions and optimize growth for Shopify. Having the best tools to surface that data is something we care deeply about.You will be working with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to build applications and tools on top of our data. This could involve optimizing our A/B testing framework, developing dashboards for understanding customer retention behaviour, or building out tools for our engineers and product managers to easily search for and discover data assets.
Who we are looking for:
- A confident software developer who produces quality code on a consistent basis. You have built web applications in the past, and have a wide breadth of knowledge about software development.
- You have deep experience in at least one dynamic programming language such as Python or Ruby, but you have probably played around with a number of languages out of sheer curiosity.
- While you probably have an area that is your strong suit, you’re interested in working up and down the stack when the job calls for it - HTML, CSS, JS, SQL don’t scare you.
- You are comfortable jumping deep into an unknown area when solving the problem calls for it.
- Experience or strong interest in Data. You get a voice at the table on how our data is processed, analyzed, and surfaced to the rest of the company and our merchants.
- You have good intuition for identifying and solving pain points. Low tolerance for repetitive toil work.
- You care about the user experience. You will be helping build intuitive interfaces through which to discover and visualize data.
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of Shopify, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Denis.Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top