We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Merchant Data Services team. The team’s vision is to provide Shopify’s largest merchants with the tools needed to understand, operate, and grow their business. Our data services provide merchants with enterprise-class data capabilities without the substantial infrastructure start-up costs.
You’ll play a critical role in the success of these data services through close interaction with the merchant community as you develop a deep understanding of the metrics that make merchants successful, along with how they should be queried and visualized. You’ll also be helping to evolve the product as you become an expert of the merchant data model. You’ll build new data models for merchants that encompass vital aspects of their business (i.e. inventory, online store revenue attribution, taxes…etc.). And as a subject matter expert, you’ll write blog posts showcasing what’s possible with retail analytics and build open source libraries in SQL and Python to help our merchants excel!
Things you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- Minimum 2 years experience in an analytics role
- Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL - to the extent that you are comfortable writing in front of customers
- Experience with Tableau, Mode, Chartio or similar data visualization tools
- Strong communication skills, with experience communicating with both customers and across internal organizations
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience in Retail analytics for large companies
- Familiarity or exposure to accounting concepts and/or terminology
- Knowledge of Python or other programming language
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Matt Helm.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.