You'll need to have:
- At least 2 years of dedicated content strategy experience, preferably in a product-focused environment.
- Direct experience collaborating with a UX-focused team — designers, developers, researchers, etc.
- A portfolio of stellar interface copy.
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across a large organization.
- We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, tell us why you’ll be the perfect fit anyway.
The right person for this role can:
- Move fast (and change even faster): you’ll adjust quickly to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities. You’ll prioritize simultaneous deadlines across multiple teams.
- Build relationships: you’ll build strong, collaborative relationships with everyone at Shopify to act in our merchants’ best interests.
- Figure it out: every day is different at Shopify, and you’ll be writing all kinds of different content. You’ll use your experience and judgement to create the best possible solution.
You’ll wear a lot of hats as a content strategist at Shopify:
- UX writer: You’ll write clear, concise, usable content for our product interfaces. You’ll also edit and proofread content from other team members.
- Editor in chief: You’ll evolve and enforce our editorial and voice and tone standards across our products.
- UX designer: You’ll collaborate with our designers to ideate, plan, and execute new features, and continuously improve what we have today.
- Researcher and data analyst: You’ll use qualitative and quantitative research to make informed content decisions.
- Information architect: You’ll plan navigation designs, nomenclature systems, and information architectures across complex products.
- Teacher: You’ll advocate for the importance of content across the company, and empower everyone at Shopify to write their own great content through training, learning resources, and support.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Mariel creates user-friendly designs in an effort to establish and enforce a coherent look and feel across all of Shopify’s digital content and the online experience for users.
Back to top