We’re looking for a UX-focused content strategist to plan and create interface content for Shopify products.
This isn’t a marketing or social media role — you’ll need a deep understanding of the UX design process. You’ll collaborate with designers, developers, researchers, and product managers to create products that help our merchants improve their businesses.
You'll need to have:
- At least 2 years of dedicated content strategy experience, preferably in a product-focused environment.
- Direct experience collaborating with a UX-focused team — designers, developers, researchers, etc.
- A portfolio of stellar interface copy.
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across a large organization.
- We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, tell us why you’ll be the perfect fit anyway.
The right person for this role can:
- Move fast (and change even faster): you’ll adjust quickly to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities. You’ll prioritize simultaneous deadlines across multiple teams.
- Build relationships: you’ll build strong, collaborative relationships with everyone at Shopify to act in our merchants’ best interests.
- Figure it out: every day is different at Shopify, and you’ll be writing all kinds of different content. You’ll use your experience and judgement to create the best possible solution.
You’ll wear a lot of hats as a content strategist at Shopify:
- UX writer: You’ll write clear, concise, usable content for our product interfaces. You’ll also edit and proofread content from other team members.
- Editor in chief: You’ll evolve and enforce our editorial and voice and tone standards across our products.
- UX designer: You’ll collaborate with our designers to ideate, plan, and execute new features, and continuously improve what we have today.
- Researcher and data analyst: You’ll use qualitative and quantitative research to make informed content decisions.
- Information architect: You’ll plan navigation designs, nomenclature systems, and information architectures across complex products.
- Teacher: You’ll advocate for the importance of content across the company, and empower everyone at Shopify to write their own great content through training, learning resources, and support.
Here's how to apply:
If you want to help us shape the future of commerce, select Apply now to submit your application. Please make your cover letter out to Alaine Mackenzie.
Back to top