Content Marketer - Apps
The Shopify App Developer Program consists of hundreds of web and mobile app developers who build apps for more than 300,000 Shopify merchants.To accelerate the growth of our app program, we’re searching for an extraordinary person to join Shopify’s App and Developer Relations team in Toronto, Ottawa or San Francisco. Your task will be to research, create, and promote compelling content that helps our developers build apps to be listed in our App Store and grow successful businesses with Shopify. You’ll be writing original blog posts, sourcing and editing guest posts and creating other content to drive traffic and build the developer community.We need someone who is knowledgeable, resourceful, and ready to have an impact.
You'll need to have:
- A passion for digital marketing and entrepreneurship
- A keen interest and understanding of how software is built, APIs and mobile technology
- A strong grasp of content marketing fundamentals, an understanding of traditional copywriting techniques, and the ability to write clearly and persuasively
- A solid understanding of SEO and how to create content that ranks well in search engines
It'd be great if you had experience with:
- Building projects and getting traction for them with content
- Publishing on industry blogs and websites
- Having an existing audience (even if it’s small)
You'll get to work on things like:
- Work with a lean team of content marketers
- Collaborate across departments to solve big challenges at scale
- Brainstorm and take ownership of your own projects
- Have your content read by a growing, global audience
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Along with your letter, you should also provide three samples of your published writing. Please address your cover letter to Atlee Clark.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top