Conference Content & Programming Producer
The stories we remember are the ones that move us. The ones that describe the evolution of something in a way that makes it human, something we can relate to.
At Shopify, the story is one of a fast-paced, high growth and ever changing environment with a lot to say. We’re building the future of commerce and want to share our stories, plans, and products with the world.
We are looking for a senior content and program producer for our conferences and events like Unite, Retail Tour, and OPEN. You will source the best speakers, craft the overall narrative and work with our communications teams to disseminate the story across all mediums.
A typical day will consist of learning about things like our latest API release, sourcing great speakers for a marketing workshop, writing a script for an executive, connecting with our studio team to craft a storyboard for a video you want to play on stage, and working with our event production team on refining a schedule for breakout sessions.
You’ll need to:
- be passionate about communications, brand marketing, or conferences;
- be willing to give feedback to any level of Shopify employee or speaker;
- have extensive event or live broadcast production experience;
- have experience researching and writing about technology, business, or entrepreneurship;
- have experience coaching and developing speeches/presentations for live events;
- have experience writing scripts for presentations, videos, or podcasts / radio;
- thrive on wearing multiple hats (figuratively, not literally); and
- have a get shit done attitude.
It'd be great if you have:
- radio or live event production experience.
- experience working with tech companies.
- experience with speaker bureaus, conferences, or agency experience.
HERE'S HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please click “Apply Now”, fill in your information and we will be in touch. Please also include a sample of something you're proud of: a script for a talk or live broadcast you’ve written and produced.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Shopify is a commerce platform that helps merchants sell online, in-person, and everywhere in between. We have offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo, San Francisco and remote employees all over the world. The best part about working at Shopify? The freedom to be you. We value authenticity, openness, and diversity in everything we do. You’ll also get to learn and grow with the best in the business. We want you to do the best work of your career, and we’ll give you everything you need to make it happen.
Back to top