Computer Science Education Program Developer
The External Education team at Shopify is on a mission to improve how computational literacy is taught in Canada. We want to connect computer science to the real world because technology is everywhere. We believe computational thinking opens doors, provides useful skills, and helps solve real, complex problems that impact the world. We’re accomplishing this mission by supporting and creating K-12 and postsecondary programs. We’re also aiming to increase the diversity of those who learn and engage with computer science. CS education should be accessible to everyone.
We’re looking for someone at the cross-section of computing/software development and education to join our External Education team, whose mission is to make learning computer science and computational thinking better for everyone.
Here are some of the things you could be doing:
- Contributing to our new full-stack education initiative, the Carleton Shopify Bachelor of Computer Science Partnership, as well as other projects in computing outreach and diversity.
- Evaluating BCS partnership applicant portfolios and conducting interviews with prospective students.
- Mentoring students in the BCS partnership, helping ensure they succeed in the program.
- Developing competencies connecting workplace practice with theory, including curating learning resources and developing active learning workshops.
- Designing assessments and evaluating students’ mastery of competencies.
- Developing computing workshops to be delivered in K-12 classrooms or informal programs.
- Supporting computer science outreach partnerships with external organizations, particularly in K-12.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of Education at Shopify, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Adrian.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top