Shopify employees make commerce better for our merchants on a daily basis. This includes ensuring every aspect of Shopify is secure, from storefront to the Admin panel to our mobile applications.
We’re looking for a Anti-Abuse Developer who will monitor and build tools to identify and investigate issues affecting Shopify’s online reputation. The Security Team at Shopify is dedicated to building a reliable and trustworthy platform for our merchants so they can grow their business with confidence. We do this through resolving abuse complaints, detecting and mitigating malicious threats and monitoring for fraudulent activity on our platform. Don your white hat and prepare Shopify’s defences. You will be protecting merchants and employees from the potential chaos.
You’ll need to be:
- Able to work in a high-stakes environment where things break
- Experienced in designing and developing solutions to solve security problems
- Deeply methodical and focused, yet thrive in dynamic environments
- Comfortable working autonomously, and have great respect for our default to open culture
- Curious about how things work and a strong desire to get to the core of a program, problem, or issue
- Able to prioritize a variety of security concerns
It’d be great if you had experience with:
- Implementing DKIM, DMARC, and SPF records
- Email/web reputation and blacklist monitoring
- Resolving abuse complaints lodged by individuals or organizations
- Monitoring for fraudulent activity and compromised accounts
- Email deliverability monitoring and maintenance
- SecOps tools like Wireshark, Maltego, DNSBL, and others
- Working with partners in threat and intelligence exchange
You’ll be working on things like:
- Crafting and building a reputation monitoring and alerting system
- Hunting for malicious actors and activities
- Automating the application of infrastructure best practices to protect our reputation
- Further developing your skills, while teaching others
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Lynne Perrault.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top