The individual in this position is responsible for developing and maintaining a documented system to assure that all procedures and quality assurance practices meet company and customer requirements. Administrative and technical coordination of all quality assurance related activities including but not limited to, enforcing corporate quality guidelines, writing and implementing test plans, making warranty claims to Japan, monitor completed service call data to insure high level of customer service, coordinate evaluation and disposition of product returned from customers and defect management process, as well as, other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The focus of this position is to ensure SSI’s compliance related to quality assurance measures.
This document attempts to communicate the traditional, physical and environmental demands associated with this position. The company will consider reasonable accommodation including changing the way the job is traditionally performed whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity.
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Facilitate customer audits and represents Management on behalf of SSI.
- Completes customer questionnaires as requested.
- Work closely with Purchasing and Product Managers to ensure our suppliers are evaluated as documented in the quality management.
- Record and track quality issues as reported to successful conclusion.
- Maintain files for quality and product compliance records.
- Perform quality audits, report results and provide recommendations.
- Initiate and monitor corrective action when necessary.
- Coordinate with Japan and other manufacturing subsidiaries to ensure supplied product meets published standards (ISO, CSA, CE Mark and others).
- Generate Warranty Claim Reports and report to Japan monthly or as needed when an urgent quality issue exists.
- Conduct a monthly meeting with marketing and Service to evaluate and determine disposition of product returned from customers.
- Monitor and mine completed service call data to identify product failure trends and determine overall quality of installed product and services provided.
- Conduct quality surveys to determine overall customer satisfaction as well as suitability and effectiveness of provided services.
- Ensures quality of methods, processes, materials and products by providing coordination and review of group operations, staff training, and the assessment/improvement of systems and processes.
- Further establish and enhance all aspects of the Quality Management System from strategic planning to hands-on implementation on topics such as Quality Control, auditing, document management,
- Management Review, Non-Conforming Material, CAPA resolution, supplier management, etc.
- Implement and drive
- Quality methodologies and principles around Process Control and Predictive Quality, including key performance indicators.
This position’s primary focus is to ensure compliance to established company and regulatory standards. Work to maintain and improve corporate compliance to established external regulatory standards and ensure process improvements by enforcing internal standards set forth by the company’s documented process.
MS Office Products
ISO, UL, CSA, CE
Writing & Verbal Communications
Chemistry & Physics
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Incumbent must be proficient at effectively training personnel, performing inspection, test and audit functions and provide when necessary improvement recommendations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Incumbent must a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry or related Life Science Discipline with three (3) or more years of proven management experience. Must have all safety certifications as required by state and federal regulations.
This position initially will have no direct reports.
The position requires frequent lifting (or by other means for movement) of laboratory items, company instrumentation and/or safety related items. Physical demands may include frequent bending; stooping, squatting, standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time and pulling/pushing of items can also be expected. Incumbent must be able to lift up to 20 pounds routinely throughout the day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
SAFETY/PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Position is required to maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards. Proper use of personal protective equipment and safety devices are required as stated by the Corporate Safety Document policies and procedures.
This position is based in an office area that requires regular and predictable attendance to answer phones and greet incoming visitors. It will involve working alone on projects and collaborating as part of team. Incumbent may work at different workstations during the day in order to support the Safety and Training Department. Extra hours may periodically be required, in order to fulfill the functions required by this position. The position will include contact with all SSI employees, as well as, customers and requires prompt and friendly handling of all related inquires.
Back to top