Physical Measurements Sales Representative - Materials Science – Northwest Sales Territory
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is one of the largest suppliers of analytical instrumentation, physical testing, and environmental monitoring systems in the world. Our products include Universal Test Machines, Fatigue Test Systems, X-ray, Thermal Analysis, Micro Hardness Testers, Particle Size Analyzers, Gas Chromatographs, Liquid Chromatographs, Mass Spectrometers, Total Organic Carbon Analyzers, UV-Vis Spectrometers, Fluorescence, Atomic Absorption, and IR. In 1975, SSI Corporate Headquarters was established in Columbia, Maryland and we currently have nine regional offices coast to coast.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is hiring a Physical Measurements Sales Representative - Materials Science for our Northwest Sales territory, comprising the Bay Area, Northern CA and Northern NV. This person will be responsible for selling our physical measurements product line. This position affords the ability to have an excellent base salary, uncapped commissions, and a company vehicle! Details are below:
The individual in this position is responsible for a wide variety of sales related functions including sales of all assigned product lines, demonstrations, installations when feasible, training, reports as required, the maintenance and safekeeping of demonstration instrumentation, computers, software, and other company property, as well as other related duties which may be assigned from time to time.
This position is to reach or exceed assigned sales goals within assigned geographic territories through the Management of the US Representative Sales Organizations and in addition to ensure proactive harmonization of sales through the Japanese Trading Companies network.
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with all accounts;
- Timely submission of all required reports such as Call Reports, Expense Accounts, Forecasts, Lost Order Reports, and bid opening results;
- Submission of Territorial Marketing Plan;
- Performing adequate sales calls, demonstrations and other calls as necessary;
- Achieving and maintaining a high level of technical proficiency in all areas related to the assigned product lines;
- Maintenance of account records;
- Conducting proper lead follow-up programs;
- Maintenance and safekeeping of all assigned company property;
- Must travel overnight as the position requires by air and by car;
- To achieve sales goals while maintaining excellent customer relations and reporting back the marketing those factors, both good and bad, that affect the assigned territory;
- To coordinate the development of a productive sales network utilizing the existing network and adding new independent selling organizations to capture growth potential;
- To manage the distribution of leads between all organization;
- To maintain the Japanese business through proactive communication with Japanese trading companies.
Human Relations Skills
Physical Measurement Products
Customer Relations Skills
Time & Territory Management
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
The incumbent must be able to make effective and efficient independent decisions per company policy and protocol to solve problems based on customer needs and requirements. This role must have obtained at least two proficiency badges on products within the physical measurements product line, under the companies developmental badge program.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in a physical science or related engineering field.
- At least one year of successful sales experience with one or more of our equivalent product lines;
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Bachelors or better in Material Science or related field