LC/MS Sales Specialist
- Marlborough, MA
Sales Specialist - LC/MS – North Atlantic Sales Territory – Marlborough, MA
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is one of the largest suppliers of analytical instrumentation, physical testing, and environmental monitoring systems in the world. Our products include Gas Chromatographs, Liquid Chromatographs, Mass Spectrometers, Total Organic Carbon Analyzers, UV-Vis Spectrometers, Fluorescence, Atomic Absorption, IR, X-Ray, and Universal Testing Machines. In 1975, SSI Corporate Headquarters was established in Columbia, Maryland and we currently have ten regional offices coast to coast.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is hiring a Sales Specialist - LC/MS for our North Atlantic Sales territory, based in Marlborough, MA. This person will be responsible for selling our high end LC/MS instrumentation (Triple Quad) as well as other Life Science / Biotech products. This position affords the ability to have an excellent base salary, uncapped commissions, and a company vehicle! Details are below:
The sales specialist in this position is responsible for a wide variety of sales related functions including sales of all assigned product lines to include demonstrations, installs, training and reporting. This position has a goal to meet or exceed the Regional Life Science and LC/MS forecasted goal. Sales specialist shall close and support these opportunities/sales by utilizing their abilities as well as, other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This position will be required to reach or exceed assigned sales goals within an assigned geographic territory. Will be utilized as a product expert and assist other regional personnel on the sales closure of all Life Science opportunities. Sales specialist will also facilitate post sales technical support for the assigned products.
- To become proficient in all Life Science products; by maintaining a high level of technical skills in all areas related to the assigned products.
- To assist regional efforts in making sales calls, maintaining good customer relationships, demonstrations, installations, training and providing technical support.
- To assist the regional personnel in identifying and closing Life Science sales opportunities.
- To develop demonstrations strategies and presentations of products to potential and current customers to support the sales efforts.
- To obtain competitive information for assigned products and analyze – report finding to Managers and Marketing.
- To evaluate, recommend and forecast market needs and then propose to develop and implement hardware and software resolutions to meet these needs to Life Science Marketing Manager.
- To provide input in the creation of documentation for sales support materials including feature/benefit analysis and positioning strategies for each product assigned to marketing.
- To assist with applications work as required effectively positioning the product and analyzing customer samples.
- To develop a knowledge base through the accurate documentation and reporting of product failures and repairs.
- To help develop and provide technical training and materials for customers and SSI employees.
- To provide product design change and improvement recommendations.
- To maintain assigned instruments in application labs.
- Significant travel in the United States, in order to support, the assigned product line is required. This travel may be by air or by car.
- Maintenance and safekeeping of all assigned company property.
This position’s primary focus is to achieve sales goals while maintaining excellent customer relations and reporting back to the Regional and Home Offices those factors, both good and bad, that affect the assigned territory.
SSI Sales Organization
Systems Troubleshooting Ability
Systems Troubleshooting Ability
Education and/or Experience:
The sales specialist must have excellent problem solving, technical, application and operational skills related to Chemistry and Mass Spectrometers; in order to find customer solutions and meet regional sales goals while ensuring customer satisfaction. Incumbent must have at least one product proficiency badge, from company internal developmental program.
A minimum of a BS Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry, with a Ph.D. being highly preferred. At least one year of laboratory experience with LC/MS and one year of sales experience.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top