Field Service Engineer – South San Francisco, Northern CA Service Territory
Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, Shimadzu Scientific Instruments (SSI) is the American subsidiary of Shimadzu Corporation (Kyoto, Japan), a world leader in the development of scientific instruments. SSI was established in 1975 as a distribution center providing analytical solutions to a wide range of laboratories and lab services providers in the Americas. Today, SSI’s focus has expanded greatly beyond distribution. SSI maintains a network of ten regional offices strategically located across the United States, with experienced technical specialists, service and sales engineers situated throughout the country; a state-of-the-art Customer Training and Education Center; and Shimadzu U.S.A. Manufacturing, which supplies HPLC, GC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS, and other high-tech products to the U.S. market.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is hiring a Field Service Engineer to provide service instrument support mainly in the following product areas (including, but not limited to): LC, GC, LCMS, GCMS, UV-Vis, FTIR, TOC, AA, ICP. This is a great opportunity for someone with hands-on experience with any of these instruments to work in a customer facing setting who would like to advance their career! The employee will be primarily supporting the Northern California service territory (based in the South San Francisco area)!
The Field Service Engineer in this position will:
- Provide excellent and efficient customer service to Shimadzu’s clients, along with technical training on products.
- Repair, maintain, and install Shimadzu’s award winning analytical instrumentation product line.
- Travel throughout the regional territory, experiencing all the various places our instrumentation is utilized.
- Train and support regional staff.
- Document and report all repairs and product failures. When applicable provide recommendations on design changes and improvements.
- Help with the development of preventative maintenance procedures for Shimadzu products.
The Field Service Engineer will earn:
- Excellent Base Salary
- Service Support Incentive Plan
- Company vehicle with gas card
- Home office set up (where applicable)
- Company benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k with profit sharing match/year end bonus/tuition reimbursement/vacation/personal, sick time/paid holidays).
Education and/or Experience:
An associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology is required, a bachelors within a Life Science discipline is highly preferred. Incumbent must have at least three years of field or in-house instrumentation repair experience (or the equivalent similar product) is required.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.