Field MS Support Scientist
- Durham, NC
Field MS Support Scientist – Southeast Sales Territory
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is one of the largest suppliers of analytical instrumentation, physical testing, and environmental monitoring systems in the world. Our products include Gas Chromatographs, Liquid Chromatographs, Mass Spectrometers, Total Organic Carbon Analyzers, UV-Vis Spectrometers, Fluorescence, Atomic Absorption, IR, X-Ray, and Universal Testing Machines. In 1975, SSI Corporate Headquarters was established in Columbia, Maryland and we currently have ten regional offices coast to coast.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is hiring a Field MS Support Scientist to provide pre and post-sales support with our growing LCMS product line! This is a great opportunity for someone with hands-on experience with LCMS applications and methods to work in a customer facing setting who would like to advance their career! The employee will be supporting Southeast Sales territory. Job Details are as follows:
The individual in this position is responsible for providing LCMS, GCMS and ICPMS technical support for the assigned regions. Will assists on pre-sale and post-sale support of the MS products to include demonstration, sample analysis, seminars, installations, training customers and regional personnel and assisting customers with adapting methodology for our instruments. As well as other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This position is required to assist the sales efforts by providing MS technical expertise to the assigned region(s) customers and staff.
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrations and assist with MS sales calls.
- Provide sample analysis and adapt customer methodology with our instrumentation.
- Assist the region in achieving customer satisfaction with assigned products.
- Manage and maintain the regional MS demonstration inventory.
- Create and present regional and customer training (and seminars) as the regional expert for the MS products.
- Must be capable of independent preparation of samples, sample analysis and interpretation of results, and report generation.
- Assist the Regional Manager as necessary.
- Travel as required, overnight travel can vary by region from 20% to in excess of 50%.
- Must travel by air and drive as required.
- Assist with training Associate MS Support Specialists.
- Assist with Demonstrations.
- Assist with application note writing/creation.
This position's primary focus is to provide LC-MS technical expertise for the selling effort of the assigned region(s) to meet business goals.
Instrument Maintenance Laboratory Equipment
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
The incumbent must have problem solving skills, which are required to solve customer and regional problems. Thorough understanding of MS and atmospheric pressure interfaces required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Incumbent is required to have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, in Chemistry; while an MS or PhD is highly preferred. At least one (1) year of experience in LCMS laboratory instrumentation is required. Verifiable proficiency in LCMS, excellent presentation and communication skills are required.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top