Strategic Finance & BD Associate / Manager
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Create and build successful relationships with key partners outside of Shift in finance, insurance, automotive (OEM), and technology
- Constantly identify, pursue and close partnerships to strategically expand Shift’s existing business
- Take the lead on fundraising and investor relationship efforts including: managing fundraising process, assessing investor model, and engaging with investors as part of the diligence process
- Develop, advocate and proactively drive strategic projects for Shift, including working with George on major initiatives he is overseeing (e.g. brand positioning, establishing new lines of business)
Candidates who might be a good fit should have:
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience at a late stage venture capital firm, private equity firm, investment bank, or management consulting firm
- Excellent analytical / modeling skills, and an understanding of how to build a story with data.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to cultivate relationships with senior external partners in the automotive ecosystem and with potential investors
- Intelligence and determination. Experience is less important than sheer intellectual horsepower, creativity, and organizational skills; this role offers a lot of opportunities for new experiences, growth and development
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational abilities
- Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations without significant supervision
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with direct investing and/or at a technology company in a business development, finance, or strategy role.
Meet Some of Shift's Employees
COO & Co-founder
As a the COO & Co-founder, Minnie influences the corporate culture while also running operations—focused on optimizing, standardizing, and automating processes on the back-end to ensure that customers have a great experience.
Back to top