- Strong focus on sourcing passive candidates through networking, complex internet searches and research.
- Source active and passive candidates from online databases, contact lists, and internal databases.
- Proactively conduct research and investigate new ideas to create innovative sourcing strategies.
- Innovate on ways to attract and source world-class business professionals
- Act as a search expert for a functional area(s) by understanding functional hiring needs, position specifications and search requirements.
- Partner with other recruiters to generate ideas, leverage resources and share information that facilitates an effective search process.
- Screen candidates for availability, interest level, visa status, salary range, relocation needs, and overall qualifications.
- Develop a deep understanding of diverse candidate profiles and pools
- Drive the recruiting process including sourcing, screening the best in class talent
- Create and own the candidate experience ensuring the Shift brand is strong through the recruiting process
- Identify process improvement areas and solutions, share and encourage best practices with the rest of the Recruiting and People Ops team
- Understand our candidates and always be selling so we get accepts from every offer we make
- Outgoing and energetic personality!
- 2+ years of sourcing and/or recruiting firm experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in sourcing efforts and connecting with amazing people.
- Self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative, flexibility, teamwork, and maturity under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a recruiting environment.
- Eagerness and desire to grow interest in the company.
- Detail-oriented, trustworthy, personable, and articulate.
- Excellent communicator with both hiring managers and candidates
- Experience with an Applicant tracking system
- A team player with a high sense of urgency.
- Versed in Boolean logic, AIRS training or similar.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to implement targeted sourcing initiatives.
- Ability to generate a high volume / high quality pipeline of candidates under very tight timelines.
- Flexibility and willing to support multiple functions / business units.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong productive relationships.
- A strong passion for technology and solid industry knowledge to understand relevant skills, companies, and open-source communities.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities are essential to this position.
Meet Some of Shift's Employees
As a software engineer focused on improving the iOS app, Dominic spends the vast majority of his time coding to make the app more responsive to user needs.
Back to top