Engineers at Shift build things that matter; every engineer works on exciting, meaningful projects, and defines our technical and product strategy. We move fast, have fun, and help each other out. We’re a Silicon Valley startup with a second engineering office in the Arlington area. We're looking for engineers who love building great iOS apps. This is an opportunity to shape the very early stages of a company and product that has the potential to transform a huge market. Mobile is an important part of both our internal logistics as well as consumers’ experience with our product - we aim to reinvent how cars are bought and owned in a world dominated by mobile technology.
- Build a sustainable and stable platform for new product ideas to flourish
- Work with the team to help us set priorities and focus on the right things
- Improve our tech stack, tools, and processes
- Participate in discussions and brainstorms to contribute ideas and feedback
- Help and mentor other team members; collaborate as part of a team
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping production iOS software
- You’re excited about building clean, well-tested code
- BS, MS and/or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Have been part of multiple releases of a large iOS app
EXTERNAL REFERRAL BONUS!
We offer a generous referral bonus for your assistance in helping us find great engineers. You must know the engineer you are recommending, and they should not be someone we’re already talking to. We may also ask you to help court them if needed. Please send your referrals to [email protected]
and a member of our team will follow up with you!
For more than a century, people have bought and sold cars exactly the same way. Shift is evolving the car buying experience by pairing a technology-first approach with superior customer service. Our end goal? To build a more trustworthy marketplace that makes it really simple to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We’re a team of ex-Google and ex-Dropbox leaders with demonstrated ability to successfully build teams and create game-changing products. We’re backed by leading Silicon Valley investors and poised for enormous growth this year.
Shift is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe diversity in the workplace cultivates empathy and provides the understanding necessary to serve a wide customer base, which in turn leads us to build better products. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.