Engineers at Shift build things that matter; every engineer works on exciting, meaningful projects, and defines our technical and product strategy. We move fast, have fun, and help each other out. Mobile is a critical component of both our core operations as well as consumers’ experience with our product. We aim to reinvent how cars are bought and owned in a world dominated by mobile technology.
Much of what we have on the roadmap for iOS haven't even been started yet, which is exciting if you’re looking to build premium mobile applications from scratch. We make use of high-quality open source libraries whenever possible (like Realm, Alamofire, and SwiftyJSON). We’re looking for engineers with a proven track record of building mobile applications in Objective-C (preferably Swift) with high standards, and a solid design sense. You’ll have direct influence in shaping very early stages of a product that has enormous potential to transform a huge, antiquated market.
- Complete ownership of products and projects, from concept to production
- Work with the team to help set priorities and focus on the right things
- Improve our tech stack, tools, and processes
- Participate in discussions and brainstorms to contribute ideas and feedback
- Help and mentor other team members; collaborate as part of a team
- 3+ years of app development experience on iOS
- You’re excited about building clean, well-tested code
- You’re capable of owning projects and working closely with other engineers to build exceptional mobile applications.
- Demonstrated experience and passion for delivering the best user experience on mobile
EXTERNAL REFERRAL BONUS!
We offer a generous referral bonus for your assistance in helping us find great engineers. You must know the engineer you are recommending, and they should not be someone we’re already talking to. We may also ask you to help court them if needed. Please send your referrals to [email protected]
and a member of our team will follow up with you!
Shift is a San Francisco-based startup that is transforming the buying, selling, and servicing of used cars into a technology-driven, hassle-free experience. With Shift, one of our friendly car enthusiasts will work as your personal concierge from start to finish, whether it’s bringing a test drive to your door or providing an instant appraisal for the car you want to sell. All of our cars pass a rigorous inspection and come with a seven day money-back guarantee. Financing is also provided on most vehicles. Basically, we save you money, time, and the aggravation of working with a used car dealer.
We’re a team of ex-Google and ex-Dropbox leaders with demonstrated ability to successfully build teams and create game-changing products. We’re backed by leading Silicon Valley investors and poised for enormous growth this year.