Engineers at Shift build things that matter; every engineer works on exciting, meaningful projects, and defines our technical and product strategy. We move fast, have fun, and help each other out. We’re a Silicon Valley startup with a second engineering office in the Arlington area. We’re looking for experienced full-stack web engineers to help us build the world's best logistics and operations apps. This is an opportunity to join a fantastic team at a company with the potential to transform an entire industry. We’d love to talk to you about what we’re doing!
- Take full ownership of features from idea through launch
- Test and iterate to ship software with proven customer value
- Work with the team to help us set priorities and focus on the right things
- Improve our tech stack, tools, and processes
- Participate in discussions and brainstorms to contribute ideas and feedback
- Help and mentor other team members; collaborate as part of a team
- 2+ years of experience writing production full-stack software (our backend is written in Go, we deploy every day using App Engine, and we store data in PostgreSQL and Salesforce)
- Familiarity with modern web languages and frameworks (we use React and modern HTML/CSS)
- BS, MS and/or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
EXTERNAL REFERRAL BONUS!
Please note that we offer a referral bonus for engineering hires. You must know the engineer you are recommending, help us close them, and this candidate should not be someone we are talking to currently. Please send your referrals to [email protected]
Shift is a San Francisco-based startup that is transforming the buying, selling, and servicing of used cars into a technology-driven, hassle-free experience. With Shift, one of our friendly car enthusiasts will work as your personal concierge from start to finish, whether it’s bringing a test drive to your door or providing an instant appraisal for the car you want to sell. All of our cars pass a rigorous inspection and come with a seven day money-back guarantee. Financing is also provided on most vehicles. Basically, we save you money, time, and the aggravation of working with a used car dealer.
We’re a team of ex-Google and ex-Dropbox leaders with demonstrated ability to successfully build teams and create game-changing products. We’re backed by leading Silicon Valley investors and poised for enormous growth this year.