Engineers at Shift build things that matter; every engineer works on exciting, meaningful projects, and defines our technical and product strategy. We move fast, have fun, and help each other out. We’re looking for experienced full-stack web engineers to build beautiful user experiences with us and change the way people think about car ownership. This is an opportunity to join a fantastic team at a company with the potential to transform an entire industry. We’d love to talk to you about what we’re doing!
- Take full ownership of features from idea through launch
- Test and iterate to ship software with proven customer value
- Work with the team to help us set priorities and focus on the right things
- Improve our tech stack, tools, and processes
- Participate in discussions and brainstorms to contribute ideas and feedback
- Help and mentor other team members; collaborate as part of a team
- 2+ years of experience writing production full-stack software (our backend is written in Go, we deploy every day using AWS, and we store data in PostgreSQL and Salesforce)
- Familiarity with modern web languages and frameworks (we use React and modern HTML/CSS)
- BS, MS and/or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
EXTERNAL REFERRAL BONUS!
We offer a generous referral bonus for your assistance in helping us find great engineers. You must know the engineer you are recommending, and they should not be someone we’re already talking to. We may also ask you to help court them if needed. Please send your referrals to [email protected]
and a member of our team will follow up with you!
For more than a century, people have bought and sold cars exactly the same way. Shift is evolving the car buying experience by pairing a technology-first approach with superior customer service. Our end goal? To build a more trustworthy marketplace that makes it really simple to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We’re a team of ex-Google and ex-Dropbox leaders with demonstrated ability to successfully build teams and create game-changing products. We’re backed by leading Silicon Valley investors and poised for enormous growth this year.
Shift is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe diversity in the workplace cultivates empathy and provides the understanding necessary to serve a wide customer base, which in turn leads us to build better products. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.