Engineers at Shift build things that matter. Every engineer works on exciting, meaningful projects, and defines our technical and product strategy. We move fast, have fun, and help each other out. We’re looking for experienced backend engineers to build world-class infrastructure with us. This is an opportunity to join a fantastic team at a company with the potential to transform an entire industry.
Our infrastructure engineering team builds the systems, libraries, and platforms that enable our internal logistics and all of our applications to function. These systems help the rest of the company move faster and build better software. They enable Shift to scale to more cities and more users, and they power every fantastic customer experience.
- Take full ownership of features from idea through launch
- Test and iterate to ship software with proven customer value
- Set priorities and help us focus on the right things
- Improve our tech stack, tools, and processes
- Help and mentor other team members; collaborate as part of a team
- 2+ years of experience building back-end systems for production applications
- Strong knowledge of at least one server-side programming language and related frameworks (Go, PostgreSQL, Salesforce, and AWS are what we use, but definitely not required coming in)
- BS, MS and/or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
EXTERNAL REFERRAL BONUS!
We offer a generous referral bonus for your assistance in helping us find great engineers. You must know the engineer you are recommending, and they should not be someone we’re already talking to. We may also ask you to help court them if needed. Please send your referrals to [email protected]
and a member of our team will follow up with you!
For more than a century, people have bought and sold cars exactly the same way. Shift is evolving the car buying experience by pairing a technology-first approach with superior customer service. Our end goal? To build a more trustworthy marketplace that makes it really simple to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We’re a team of ex-Google and ex-Dropbox leaders with demonstrated ability to successfully build teams and create game-changing products. We’re backed by leading Silicon Valley investors and poised for enormous growth this year.
Shift is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe diversity in the workplace cultivates empathy and provides the understanding necessary to serve a wide customer base, which in turn leads us to build better products. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.