We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager, who will work closely with our Head of Sales + Operations. You could focus on any number of areas in the business, including our sales, customer service and field operations teams. Whatever project has the potential for highest impact that is where you will be focused.
We are looking for someone who gets excited by rapid growth and has experience working in an operating role. The ideal candidate will be strong analytically and comfortable with taking complex challenges in our workflow and optimizing by taking a continuous improvement approach. You will often be working as part of cross-functional teams and should have high EQ with the ability to build consensus using data and sound commercial sense. We also would expect you to be comfortable diving into a specific area of the business, learning the problem by engaging on the ground to inform the solution. You are the type that really wants to understand a problem to solve it.
- BA/BS university degree (advanced degree considered but not required)
- 5+ years of operational/analytical experience gained in a start-up or high-growth business
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- A passion for building efficient processes, you like to move quickly adopting a continuous improvement approach
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with the ability to be personable while standing up for what you believe is correct.
- Ability to own a project, manage a small team, and get things done
- Team player. You work well with people - both on our team and with our partners and/or customers
- You like to have fun! Sense of humor a must.
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by $120 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, and BMW iVentures. We’ve got product-market fit, but there’s still a ton of room to innovate and make your mark on the product and on the company.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $100 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.