Sales Development Representative
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
Our Sales Development position is an integral part of our Car Sales team and are tasked with a variety of mission critical responsibilities. Your primary responsibility is to serve as a support function within the sales team, on both the buyer and seller side. You'll cover other representative's appointments on their days off and handle both inbound and outbound phone calls. This role is fast-paced, requires close-knit teamwork, and a opportunity to learn the sales function within a tech company. The SDR will learn account management, Salesforce, lead development, sales technique, and sales etiquette.
As Shift grows, and we expand into new markets, the sales team will be in charge of leading all customer experiences. This is a high-growth and learning opportunity. The sales team has a “promote from within” mentality, and this shows with all current management starting as sales representatives themselves.
This position could be a good fit for you if:
- You’re a self-starter with a great attitude who enjoys solving problems and taking on difficult challenges
- You take ownership of your role and demonstrate your value in actions, not words
- You can think on your feet. You enjoy learning new things and can learn them quickly; change excites you
- You communicate clearly and you listen carefully. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re capable of successfully providing information in person, through writing and on the phone.
- Support our growing sales team to help develop and follow up on leads, and respond to inquiries in their pipeline.
- Utilize different methods of communicating with potential buyers (phone, email, text), and complete accurate tracking of communications in our CRM system
- Manage and overcome potential buyer objections
- Help the Sales Team members follow up with their daily tasks while out of office, and help the team meet their quota
- Work closely with Shift members across teams
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top