We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We are looking for a temporary Recruiting Associate to join the recruiting team and ensure that all candidates are efficiently moved through the hiring funnel. You will support our candidates through every step of the application process to ensure that their experience is delightful. You are a self-starter who loves the thrill of the chase, driven by sourcing fundamentals. You have the desire to build new processes that identify and attract new candidates, and are excited to join a fast-growing team. You will partner with recruiters and hiring managers to establish your sourcing plan and then implement. Candidates for this role should have a passion for people and an outgoing, yet professional demeanor. We’re looking for someone who is extremely organized and has a great attitude.
Duration of assignment: 2-3 months
- Support our Recruiting team throughout the whole recruitment process (initial outreach, scheduling interviews, coordinating candidate schedules, checking references, running background checks, updating job postings)
- Strong focus on Sourcing active and passive candidates through networking, complex internet searches, databases, and research.
- Proactively conduct research and investigate new ideas to create innovative sourcing strategies.
- Act as a search expert for a functional area by understanding functional hiring needs, position specifications and search requirements.
- Partner with recruiters to generate ideas, leverage resources and share information that facilitates an effective search process.
- Create and own the candidate experience ensuring the Shift brand is strong through the recruiting process
- Identify process improvement areas and solutions, share and encourage best practices with the rest of the Recruiting and People Ops team
- Oversee multiple hiring pipelines while preserving data integrity, and keep our applicant tracking system up to date
- Help draft creative and compelling Job Descriptions
- Manage all external job postings through different hiring outlets
- Run and develop recruiting analytics to provide clarity and direction on where to focus our recruiting efforts.
- 1-3 years prior experience managing a recruiting pipeline in a startup environment is much preferred
- An attitude that is both positive and team player-like
- Someone who brings great energy to the team, office, and candidates
- Smarts. We need you to be the kind of person that can anticipate needs and execute independently in the face of ambiguity.
- Know what makes people tick – people need to be handled differently. While some will react immediately to your emails, others will prefer text messages or appreciate a phone call.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Organization - Able to multitask and prioritize accordingly with high sense of urgency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in sourcing efforts and connecting with amazing people.
- Ability to generate a high volume / high quality pipeline of candidates under very tight timelines.
Nice to have:Versed in Boolean logic, AIRS training or similar.
Shift is a San Francisco-based startup that is transforming the buying, selling, and servicing of used cars into a technology-driven, hassle-free experience. With Shift, one of our friendly car enthusiasts will work as your personal concierge from start to finish, whether it’s bringing a test drive to your door or providing an instant appraisal for the car you want to sell. All of our cars pass a rigorous inspection and come with a seven-day money-back guarantee. Financing is also provided on most vehicles. Basically, we save you money, time, and the aggravation of working with a used car dealer.
We’re a team of ex-Google and ex-Dropbox leaders with demonstrated ability to successfully build teams and create game-changing products. We’re backed by leading Silicon Valley investors and poised for enormous growth this year.
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by $120 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, and BMW iVentures. We’ve got product-market fit, but there’s still a ton of room to innovate and make your mark on the product and on the company.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $100 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.