Reconditioning Operations Manager
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At SHIFT, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
As Reconditioning Manager, you will manage a diverse team that manages inspection, recondition, and preparation of our cars for sale. Since we are a fast-growing company, we are constantly working to improve initiatives and improve cost, quality, and time of vehicle processing. In this position you will need to build and develop effective relationships with internal and external vendors, while working as part of a dynamic team to accomplish many objectives.
Recon Operations Manager is responsible for effective day to day management of associates, processing volume and quality along with cost metrics. Candidate will have experience leading a large organization with effective strategies based on lean processing fundamentals, and the implementation of new processes and countermeasures as needed to achieve targets. Overall, we are looking for a highly dependable and enthusiastic leader who can be part of a dynamic team while providing quality vehicles to our customers!
- Manage a diverse team to inspect, recondition, and prepare cars for sale
- Work on improvement initiatives to improve cost, quality, and time of vehicle processing
- Build and develop effective relationships with internal and external vendors
- Work as part of dynamic team to accomplish company objectives
- Hire the best automotive technicians, service advisors, repair managers, drivers and detailers.
- 3 years plus in building and managing high performance teams.
- Hands-on mentality, someone who is not afraid to jump in at any stage of a process when needed
- Strong drive for continuous improvement and building scalable systems
- Comfortable with managing complex processes.
- Car processing experience e.g. at Carmax, Drivetime, car rental company or other fleets
- Comfortable with ambiguity and high growth environments
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
SHIFT is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
SHIFT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top