Inside Sales Representative
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
Shift is looking for a talented Inside Sales Representative to help us continue to scale our organization. We need someone who is high energy, hungry to succeed, and comfortable working in a rapidly-changing startup environment. Our Inside Sales Representatives play an important role in our growth and are responsible for connecting buyers with the car of their dreams by facilitating the entire sales process. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to hear from you!
- Qualifying and developing inbound and outbound leads and responding to inquiries
- Utilize different methods of communicating with potential buyers and sellers (via phone, email and text)
- Managing and overcoming potential buyer and seller objections
- Accurately tracking all communications in CRM system
- Leveraging promotional campaigns to develop buyers and sellers
- Working collaboratively across Shift teams to achieve goals
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience with a track record of success in Inside Sales or Sales Development at a technology company and/or company selling to consumers
- An energetic personality who communicates effectively and respectfully with customers over the phone and email
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- A self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a team environment and treats everyone with the respect
- Experienced in the automobile industry is a plus, but not necessary
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top