Head of Sales Operations
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
Who are we looking for?
Shift is experiencing rapid growth as we drive toward our mission of transforming the way people buy, own and sell cars. We are seeking a resourceful and driven Sales Operations leader to help scale and drive outstanding performance in our Sales team.
This person will set up our Sales Team for success by creating the right systems and structure for the team to scale. They will provide thought leadership on what a world-class sales organization looks like, then rally various teams (Sales, Engineering, Business) to realize that vision. They will also be adept at ensuring day-to-day Sales is set up to achieve growth targets, owning critical workflows and systems.
- Develop solutions to enhance business performance, refine sales and customer support KPI and metrics, report progress towards goals to management.
- Structure complex and sometimes ambiguous business issues and develop compelling, insightful recommendations to improve upon the systems in place. Proactively identify improvement opportunities through systematic, rigorous measurement and analysis.
- Identify and correct inefficient workflows through process improvement techniques, working closely with operations, sales, support, finance, marketing, and others.
- Create and manage Salesforce functionality including (but not exclusive to) workflow rules, process builders, reporting, dashboards, object customization, page layouts, etc.
- Drive sales target setting and design of sales incentive plans through partnership with cross-functional teams and sales leadership.
- Partner with business intelligence and management to create data visualizations / models to identify trends, determine root-causes, and provide strategic insights
- Work side by side with Sales Leadership ensuring day-to-day operations run smoothly ensuring we have right oversight on key systems (phones, CRM etc) to ensure continuity of operations.
- Develop training and quality management programs to ensure a delightful experience for our customers and high performance in our sales teams.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent degree with 6+ years of Sales Operations experience
- Strong analytically, with an ability to use data and metrics to back business cases, planning, and decisions.
- Recent and deep experience using Salesforce, with success at designing and optimizing workflows
- Experience in funnel design using multiple modes of communication
- Ability to own multiple projects, you thrive in fast paced, ambiguous environments
- Team player. You have an ability to work well with people - both on our team and with our partners and customers.
- Ready for hypergrowth!
- 3+ years of experience at a start-up P
- revious quota-carrying B2C sales experience
- Experience with BI tools, like Tableau, Chartio or Periscope
Nice to Haves:
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Back to top