We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
Shift is looking for an experienced credit or underwriter manager to join our Finance Operations team. Our financing platform launched one year ago and has quickly become of the largest originators of personal auto loans for used vehicles on the west coast. As the manager of this team, you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the continued growth of one of the most important parts of our buyer experience.
- Experienced at managing, setting, modifying, and tracking quantitative measures of performance
-Robust knowledge of compliance environment for indirect lending activities
-Demonstrable expert knowledge of documentation verification and fraud prevention measures
-Collaborative mentality; experience working with product and engineering teams to drive process and product improvements
-Previous experience at a high growth company/team or demonstrated ability to scale a team while maintaining a high quality customer-centric culture
- Manage a growing team of 10 underwriters and funding associates
- Scale one of the most important revenue verticals at Shift while maintaining a highly compliant business culture
- Develop and expand robust training programs
- Work with leadership and stakeholders to expand business partnerships and maintain current partnerships
- Consistently achieve monthly revenue and NPS targets
- 4+ years of relevant experience at a lending organization
- General leadership experience with managing others, providing feedback, interviewing, and hiring
- Strong customer service experience
- Bonus points for familiarity with RouteOne’s loan origination system and SalesForce
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by $120 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, and BMW iVentures. We’ve got product-market fit, but there’s still a ton of room to innovate and make your mark on the product and on the company.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $100 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.