Executive Assistant to Engineering, Product, and Design
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
Meet our VP of EPD (Engineering, Product, Design), Jon Vincent
Jon’s an experienced, creative, thoughtful leader. He cares deeply about the team and the company’s success. At heart a builder, you’ll often find him developing ideas in a lively brainstorm session. That’s where his right hand comes in.
We’re looking for a self-starting Executive Assistant who is masterful at executing. Detail oriented and meticulous, you’ll partner closely with Jon, EPD leadership, and other cross-team leaders to ensure smooth collaboration on all fronts. As an integral member of the EPD team, you’ll work with a collaborative team to help scale EPD operations.
What you'll do
- Manage multiple calendars, e-mail interactions, and own calendaring and cadence of team meetings strategically managing Jon’s time
- Facilitate information by attending team meetings, taking notes and organizing agendas
- Liaise with team leads to ensure smooth collaboration between EPD and other teams
- Manage our weekly happy hour and team meetings by sourcing/setting up demos, driving recognition and gathering questions in advance across our two offices, DC and SF
- Understand what costs are and where they are coming from/who is using the product, be able to speak to this with finance and escalate when necessary
- Help with project management and potentially inbox sorting
- Review and approve team expenses for executive & when necessary, book and coordinate travel, including flight, hotel, car, etc.
- Curious and have a passion for learning. You like to ask why and have a propensity to ask what you can do to make a current situation/process smoother and more efficient
- An open communicator and believe in receiving as well as sharing constructive feedback
- A team player and are willing to tackle multiple projects and help out others when needed
- Are a Google Suite ninja and have experience managing multiple calendars and booking travel across multiple time zones
- Are comfortable adding value in team meetings by taking notes and asking clarifying questions
- Are comfortable navigating the unknowns of startups while staying vigilant about your priorities
- Have a BA and have a history of pursuing knowledge, and by extension your education
Culture-wise, you’re looking for:
- A unique opportunity to join a growing startup
- A multiplicitous role to work on many projects and develop skills in different areas like helping form EPD culture
- A collaborative team that is happy to help you through your career journey
- Competitive & comprehensive pay, perks and benefits
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Back to top