Document Operations Specialist
- Prepare and process title work for used and wholesale vehicle sales with precise accuracy.
- Receive and file incoming mail, support sending outgoing mail
- Audit / troubleshoot DMV paperwork to meet state requirements
- Prepare and initiate title payoffs with timely follow-up to ensure successful title release
- Sync on process with remote teams to improve efficiency
- Manage vehicle sale documentation, including title & transfer information, registrations, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate reports as required
- Update CRM with inventory control information
- Experience with vehicle ownership transfers, including out-of-state.
- Thorough knowledge of DMV laws, regulations, processes and forms necessary to facilitate vehicle transactions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as payoff statements, lease agreements, tax and title documents, and procedure manuals
- A keen eye for detail, thoroughness is encouraged.
- General accounting knowledge
- Organized, trustworthy, likeable, well-spoken
- Savvy and smart; we expect you to constantly be thinking about how we can improve our process
- Nice to have previous automotive dealership experience in a similar role; deep understanding on all aspects of finance and paperwork related to acquiring and delivering vehicles to customers.
- Experience with DMV/auto processing software (DMVdesk, AVRS, Dealertrack, CUDL, etc.)
- Knowledge of vehicle financing workings
Meet Some of Shift's Employees
COO & Co-founder
As a the COO & Co-founder, Minnie influences the corporate culture while also running operations—focused on optimizing, standardizing, and automating processes on the back-end to ensure that customers have a great experience.
Back to top