Document Operations Coordinator
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At SHIFT, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
Your role is to ensure that our DMV transactions are fully supported throughout the Shift purchasing process. Our ideal candidate is someone with a background in processing automotive documents from financing to DMV reports. We are constantly improving our processes at Shift and need individuals who are motivated by a fast-paced environment where creativity and innovation is highly encouraged.
- Prepare title work for used retail and wholesale vehicle sales with precise accuracy.
- Audit / troubleshoot DMV paperwork to meet state requirements
- Manage vehicle sale documentation including: title, transfer, and supporting documents
- Organize and file dmv documents
- Sync on process with team to improve efficiency
- Update CRM with inventory control information
- Must be able to work weekends
- Experience with DMV titling and preparing documents
- Ability to multitask in fast paced, high volume environment
- A keen eye for detail; thoroughness is mandatory.
- Organized, trustworthy, likeable, well-spoken
- Savvy and smart; we expect you to constantly be thinking about how we can improve our process
- Nice to have previous automotive dealership experience in a similar role; deep understanding on all aspects of finance and paperwork related to delivering vehicles to customers.
- Experience using DMV processing services (AVRS, DMVdesk, etc)
- Understanding of DMV laws, regulations, processes and forms necessary to facilitate vehicle transactions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales agreements, tax and title documents, and procedure manuals
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
SHIFT is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
SHIFT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top