We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
Detail associates are responsible for producing consistent and quality work within the detail line. Job duties include vacuuming auto interiors, washing auto exteriors, detailing interior areas like dashes, seats, interior hards surfaces, and ensuring that defects are addressed appropriately. Please note that the job duties can change based on needs of the business and discretion of your manager.
- Meet or exceed production targets by working in their line efficiently
- Keep defect rate to less than 10% of total inspections completed
- Ability to lift up to 30 Ibs
- Basic knowledge of computers and tablets
- Ability to use pressure washers and vacuums
- Follow standard work
- Drive a clean and organized workplace through 5S process
- Claim and complete task within designated pace or cycle times
- Follow directions from Line leads and Recon managers
- Previous Car wash and Detail experience
- Experience working for a used car reconditioning organization preferred (Carmax,Carvana,Autonation)
- Verified experience of working in fast paced, flexible working environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Willing to work some weekends
- Valid Driver's License
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Back to top