Support product, engineering and customer service teams.
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders to ensure legal needs of product, engineering and customer support teams are met timely and effectively
- Manage contractual relationships with third party vendors and partners
- Oversee customer contracts for variety of Shift products and services
Advise Shift leadership on legal issues of enterprise-wide importance.
- Come up to speed quickly on key legal issues, including issues that are truly of first-impression
- Advise Shift leadership confidently and effectively, including in the face of legal uncertainty on key issues
Design and oversee implementation of key corporate policies and best practices throughout the company.
- Prioritize key policy initiatives
- Manage design and rollout of key corporate policies
- Drive to institutionalize best practices throughout organization
Play key role in the design and build-out of legal function at Shift
- Identify key legal, compliance and risk management needs throughout organization
- Help design legal function and secure resources to meet identified needs
- J.D. degree from a top-tier law school
- 4+ years of law firm or start-up in-house experience (ideal candidates will have a demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced, start-up environments)
- Familiarity with a wide variety of substantive areas of corporate law (contracts, corporate governance, risk management, regulatory compliance)
- Demonstrated ability to come up to speed quickly, proficiently and confidently on both legal and non-legal issues with which you may be unfamiliar
- Practical, agile, biased towards action and demonstrating a consistent ability to understand the needs of an organization at both a legal and a business level
- Team player, always willing to jump in and help out other teams when needed, particularly product teams in a tech-company context
- Superior and positive written and verbal communication skills
- Substantive experience in one or more of the following areas will be a plus, but is not required: lending & financial services, employment & labor, regulatory & compliance, state & federal government
Meet Some of Shift's Employees
COO & Co-founder
As a the COO & Co-founder, Minnie influences the corporate culture while also running operations—focused on optimizing, standardizing, and automating processes on the back-end to ensure that customers have a great experience.
Back to top